Mathematics Undergraduate Program (Turkish) *
Every graduate from the undergraduate program in Mathematics obtains a specialization in Mathematics which provides a wide range of job opportunities.
General Information About the Program
The Department of Mathematics is continuously following the trend in other forerunning universities of the world, the demand for the graduates of the program and updating its curriculum accordingly. The mission of the Department is set as follows.
- Adhere to the philosophy of academic freedom
- Achieve excellence in education and research in mathematics and computer science
- Prepare students for lifelong learning and professionalism
- Generation and propagation of knowledge.
Our goals in the program are
- An efficient student advisory system helping the students throughout their studies
- Continuously monitoring of the performance of our students to help develop their skills to the peak of their limits.
- Continuous assessment of the course material given in each course to enable the best and most efficient way of teaching.
- Improving the quality of undergraduate teaching. Provide web support to multigroup courses.
- All faculties of the department are committed researchers, forerunners in their fields of research and skilled educators, always carrying the benefit of their experience to the classroom, striving to give the best possible knowledge to their students. Outside class hours, they are available to their students at all times, helping both in course related issues and advising on other topics as need arises.
The department is the main user of the 3 computer labs available in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, for the needs of the Applied Mathematics courses, as well as the service courses given to other Departments. Computer labs are available to students during working hours for their studies. There are a large number of books in the EMU main library, covering a wide range of topics in Mathematics. Departmental subscription to several periodicals and online databases in Mathematics provides ready access to our researchers in many different fields of Mathematics. A study room is allocated in the department for students and researchers with some research books, and a UNIX station.
Our graduates equipped with a strong Mathematical background are ideal candidates for a very wide range of jobs, such as teaching, banking sector, airways, state departments, just to name a few. Those interested in post graduate studies can do so in our post graduate programs, in other departments, or in other universities.