ATATÜRK Research Center (ATUM)
Mission of the Center:
- Disseminating information within Northern Cyprus on the principles and reforms of Atatürk.
- Bringing up qualified individuals who are aware of and act according to Atatürk’s way of thought.
- Organising events or commemoration ceremonies for special days.
- Establishing an archive and a library supporting researchers conducting studies in the relevant field.
- Carries out research, develops and conducts applications; participates in and provides support for activities as such.
- Organises conferences, seminars, congresses and symposia at national and international levels.
- Collaborates with similar national and international organisations.
- Publishes reports, magazines and similar publications to disseminate information on Atatürk.
- Organises special days or commemoration ceremonies.
- Ensures the planning, coordination and delivery of the compulsory history courses entitled “Principles of Atatürk and History of Turkish Reforms (HIST 180, HIST 280, TARH101, TARH102).
The center has four lecturers who deliver courses to approximately 1,500 students per semester.
ATATÜRK Research Center (ATUM),
Eastern Mediterranean University
Famagusta, North Cyprus
Mersin 10, Turkey
Chair: Doç. Dr. Hasan Cicioğlu
Tel: (+90) 392 1213