Building Sciences Research Center (BSRC)
Building Sciences Research Center was established in February 2001 for doing research, training and consultancy in civil engineering design and development functions of government, industry and community. The establishment of this center was also based on the understanding that research centers and laboratories enhance the University’s teaching and research activities. It is aimed to make BSRC a centre of excellence within the Eastern Mediterranean University focusing on research and solutions to infrastructure problems and the promotion of' construction and development.
The primary goals of the Building Sciences Research Center (BSRC) can be listed as:
- to enhance the research and development in building sciences in North Cyprus
- to help to identify local problems and find solutions
- to improve building sciences related applications by introducing new material and techniques to local industry
- to increase awareness of professionals and public regarding the importance of correct building science applications and its impact on society
- to enrich the teaching at university as a result of the increase in good quality research
- to increase the chances of getting projects and funds from international organizations that will help in the development of Civil Engineering department laboratories at EMU.
- to provide advice and do consultancy work for professionals in the area.
BSRC has developed an expert advisory consultancy service to the building and planning industry, tackling many challenging fundamental and applied problems. It is also preparing for Continuing Professional Development programs for the planning and building professions, and providing short courses in various civil engineering subjects. The Center has the potential to develop into an interactive center with national and international members and institutional collaborations for joint research and specialized consultancy. BSRC, therefore, promotes individuals work together within and between groupings, and international organizations, to exploit multidisciplinary skills, shared knowledge, and mutual interests.
Building Sciences Research Center (BSRC),
Eastern Mediterranean University
Famagusta, North Cyprus
Mersin 10, Turkey
Chair: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Huriye Bilsel
Tel: (+90) 392 630 1231
Fax: (+90) 392