Mission and Vision
The Mission Statement
To offer contemporary, sustainable and quality education at international standards, conduct research, contribute to the needs of the society, meet the needs of all stakeholders and graduate students in a multicultural environment having international knowledge and competences.
The Vision Statement
To become a preferred, participating, autonomous university open to change and development, producing science and technology and serving as a model with its multicultural diversity.
The Objectives and Principles
Our aim is to take EMU further ahead as the leading academic institution in the Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Mediterranean. The objectives and principles of EMU while proceeding in this direction are as follows:
- To train the students in becoming honest, innovative and professionally responsible individuals with distinct personalities who are capable of critical thinking and able to contribute to the society on scientific matters.
- To develop cultural diversity, intercultural competence, and empathy within the University and in the society;
- To contribute to the welfare of the society and peace in the region and the world;
- To assume a pioneering role in the economic, social and cultural development of the country by giving highest priority to quality in areas of academic freedom, education and research;
- To become a democratic, transparent and autonomous institution;
- To present certification programs more efficiently and in a more widespread manner to the society and institutions by means of continuous education or distance education;
- To formulate university-community collaboration by pulling the attention of the entire community through activities like conferences, seminars, working groups and the like;
- To prepare scientific research and developmental projects by considering the primary needs of the society and the country from the standpoint of development and growth;
- To attach significance to collaboration of university-industry-institution-organization in scientific and technological research activities;
- To accelerate the scientific and technological innovations and developments.